Saturday, June 15, 2013

And so we return with the boon..

Crossing the Bay of Marmara on the way to Istanbul 


Dear Friends:
So glad to be coming home after a great journey!

I am hoping to get more blogging on the way home, but I want to say a couple of things.

I love these people who walked this pilgrim trail together. My life is changed forever. I have begun to learn not only about a new way to travel, but a new way to be- the pilgrim way. 

A tourist merely occupies space and tours- the pilgrim always walks on holy ground. The tourist  seeks  comfort amidst the wilderness- the pilgrim embraces and pursues disorientation as a font of new life. The tourist travels In a straight line- his eyes fixed on the destination- the pilgrim gets lost in the wilderness found between beginning and end. 

There have been too many holy moments to count: seeing doves everywhere we went - random encounters with local people turned into friendships- sitting on the return flight with a young Russian girl who is looking out an airplane window for the first time. This pilgrimage has shown me the obvious- God is everywhere out in the world and the love of Christ is abundant and constantly finding us. I am filled with such gratitude for the All Saints' community for these adults and young people and for the trust you have placed in my leadership. 

So good to come home to you and with this community God has created. See you soon after some rest tomorrow.

Tessekkur edimir!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on the blog. Make sure you do the verification thingie.